- Learn to speak English and communicate with the world!
- Take a holiday and learn English at the same time!
- There is a change in brain function when learning a foreign language – it is like “ brain gym” – it helps exercise the brain and keep it agile.
- Language learning has showed an increase in short term memory capacities, which is a huge advantage to adults as they get older!
- A person also benefits from language learning by gaining increased problem-solving abilities in the following areas: abstract thinking skills, concept formation, creative hypothesis formulation, strengthened capacity to identify, understand and solve problems; the ability to focus on a task by filtering out distractions and extraneous information and an increase in multi-tasking ability.
- Recent research shows that individuals who can speak more than one language have a decreased rate of 2 to 4 years in the development of age-related cognitive problems such as dementia.
- Language learning is now being used to help patients with dementia as it helps open up new pathways in the brain and helps with cognitive problems.
Our courses for adults offer a choice of programmes for everyone who needs an improved level of English.
- Courses of 20, 25, or 30 lessons per week
- Every level from Beginner to Advanced
- 1:1 or small group classes
- Host accommodation or hotel accommodation
- You choose the number of lessons per week
- You choose the afternoon activities you would like to do
Your lessons are designed to for you. Our teachers will create a course which is motivating and effective with a variety of activities to develop your confidence
- Qualified and professional teachers who have experience in teaching adults
- Up to date presentation and practice of new language
- Rapid development of oral fluency, accuracy and conversation skills
- Structured development of writing, reading and listening skills through current affairs, radio and media
- Extension of vocabulary and functional language
- Extended practice of functional spoken language on afternoon excursions
We assess language level before arrival in the UK with an online test and then give you a level based on the CEFR ( Common European Framework). Your progress is monitored carefully by your teacher who writes daily lesson reports each day. You will recieve these reports at the end of your course. On an immersion course students make huge progress and even start dreaming in English!
Heritage Hosts have been carefully selected by us and we make sure that we match clients with suitable hosts. Hosts provide a private bedroom with en-suite facilities and Wi-Fi. Breakfast and an evening meal are taken with the host. The host accommodation is an important part of the immersion program as this is the time when you can practice the language you have learnt in a relaxed situation!
If you prefer, we can recommend local hotel facilities or self –contained accommodation.